So you’ve decided on dermablading; time to make your dermablading before & after to-do list.
Dermablading, the gentle process that exfoliates the face and removes vellus hair, aka “peach fuzz,” does some surprising wonders for your skin. It removes dead skin, unclogs pores, gets rid of unwanted face/neck/scalp hair, and removes surface debris from your skin.
The dermablading treatment at Vively Body Science also improves skin texture. It increases blood circulation for healthy and glowing skin. This procedure promotes collagen creation to help fill in fine wrinkles and acne scars. And it allows for flawless makeup application.
Oh, and there’s more, like how it prepares your skin for better performance of skin care products and our other procedures! Read on for your dermablading before & after checklist.
The steps to prep for dermablading
- Let’s talk about your goals. Schedule an appointment, so we can discuss whether dermablading is right for your goals, and your skincare needs.
- Stop any exfoliation for 5 days before your session. Scrubs, creams, etc—don’t use them on your face/neck for the few days prior to your dermablading treatment.
- Avoid sunlight on your face for 5-7 days before your treatment. This will ensure there’s no sunburn or extra sensitivity in the treatment area.
- No filler or Botox immediately before the session. After, sure, but not just before.
- If you do facial waxing, make sure it’s 1-2 weeks before treatment.
- Should you have any open acne lesions or skin wounds, reschedule your dermablading procedure. Not sure? Just send us a photo of the issue and we’ll double check.
- Relax, and enjoy!
What to do after treatment
One of the other benefits of dermablading is no “recovery” time. As with any treatment, support your goals by helping your body help itself. Here some things you can do to prolong your treatment’s positive results:
- Avoid direct sun on your face for up to 3 days (time to break out that summer hat!)
- Stay out of extreme heat for the same amount of time
- For about a week, don’t use exfoliators/scrubs on your face
- Also avoid chlorine for a week (even if the pool looks amazing)
- Apply Vively-recommended moisturizers, creams, and/or serums
- When you head out for the summer day, use sunscreen
Get the best dermablading before & after in Wayzata
Our Wayzata team will help you begin your journey to a refreshed, re-invigorated self. Try out our virtual consultation, or schedule an appointment today. We will customize your plan using the best approaches and treatment combinations to help you look and feel your best!
Vively Body Science is owned and operated by medical physicians, providing excellence in skincare procedures and products. Besides continuing to research and implement industry-leading technology, we hire the best talent in the aesthetic industry.
A scientific approach to aesthetic treatments, combined with heartfelt support of your personal goals. We’d love to meet with you to perform a skin analysis and discuss the treatment options best suited for you!